Monday 13 April 2015

MMU School of Art, All day event with Simone Ridyard

Sorry this is a little late in posting but on the 20th March, there was an all day event produced by Simone Ridyard (Urban Sketcher). As soon as the tickets became available for this day, I quickly pounced and booked my ticket.
For the work I am currently doing, this was a must to be there.
It lived up to my expectations and more, it was invaluable for my studies. There was talks and demonstrations from the founders of S.A.I, (School of Architectural Illustration). I was lucky enough to meet Don Coe, F.S.A.I Chairman, Richard Rees, S.A.I President, Shona Coppin, Keith Hornblower (watercolour expert), Tim Richardson and Joe Robson, plus of course the marvellous Simone Ridyard. Between this group I was bound to pick up some valuable tips of the trade, and oh yes I did. From what pens, paper, brushes to use to tips on perspective which I thought I was quite good at in the first place. I cant explain what happened that day but I think I found my niche. I have always loved buildings for some reason and what with this day and the current work/project I'm doing, something clicked into place in my head and I now have a serious focus, or path I would like to follow.
They brought with them only ten books to sell so as soon as they opened the box, I took off for the front, elbows out, hurdling seats, I wasn't missing out. I didn't, I was second in line. Anyway, here are a few pics I took on the day;





















Top left; Shona Coppin. Top right; Keith Hornblower. Bottom left; Don Coe, Simone Ridyard and Joe Robson. Bottom right; My very own signed book that I faught hard for.

No comments:

Post a Comment