Sunday 24 April 2016

Oliver Heath Talk

This talk by Oliver Heath was amazingly interesting. He is an ambassador for Biophilic Design. Basically he designs living, working, educational and medical dwellings all to be close to nature. Productivity from workers, higher attendance and marks from students and recovery times by patients have all got better when these places are close to nature. being able to see a green landscape through the window, plants inside, things constructed from wood and most important, natural light. These natural things also produce better air quality. He has proven it to work numerous times especially to his worst critic, Nick Knowles from the T.V. show, D.I.Y SOS, where Oliver is their on screen designer. Attending this talk helped with my current project as I seemed to be missing a connection between a couple of parts in my project that I couldn't quite work out what but now this Biophilic aspect as worked as the glue to my problem. Thank you Oliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment