Thursday 7 April 2016

Xu Bing Exhibition

Had a great evening at the Chinese Contemporary Arts Gallery with the host Xu Bing. I must admit I wasn't too knowledgeable about his work and what he was about. Basically he replays a day in the life of through symbols and emojis. I thought it a little strange to be honest at first but he changed my mind. What he did was very clever and with the amount of spectators there shows he is doing something right. Drinks and nibbles were served all the way through which always helps, but it seemed every time I turned a corner, this waiter was stood stuffing his face with the salmon. It was making me giggle so I had to get a snap of him which he obliged.
They had set up a replica studio of Xu exactly, right down to the rubbish bin.


 A good night had by all I think and we left with a goody bag with all sorts in it. Thank you Xu Bing

No comments:

Post a Comment